This bike was restored by the late Gordon (Mate) Pearn. (1920—1994)
A first cousin of Jack, Verdun and Zenith, Mate and his brother Fordrey, developed a farm and earth moving business, which remains successfully operated by their descendants. This bike is on permanent loan to the museum. The following history on the bike has been provided by his son Alan.
Dad was a bit of a collector and was always working on a restoration project. This bike was built from a collection of bits, including the sidecar frame, that Dad had gathered over the years. The sidecar body Dad very kindly offered to drop at the tip for a chap he was buying some bits from! He would not sell it to Dad as the bottom was completely rusted out. Dad rebuilt it using his favourite restoration material, fibreglass!
~ Alan Pearn