8HP compound engine, built in 1909 at Sandbach England. It is spring mounted and has three gears, (2, 4 and 6 Miles per hour). The firm of Foden dates from 1856.Purchased by Mr Charles Richardson of Westbury from Pearce Brothers of Maffra, Gippsland, Victoria in 1922, where it was used in a sugar beet processing factory. Mr Richardson then used it for threshing and stone crushing in the Westbury to Deloraine area until the mid-1950s. It was then sold to Mr Gee of Chudleigh before being purchased by the Pearn Brothers in 1982 who fully restored the engine in their farm workshop at an approximately cost of $30,000. In one year alone this engine travelled over 400km across the state supporting community events, shows and field days.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This